Collection of Personal Information
We require you to register with us to use certain parts of our service. During registration and subsequent use of our service, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide: When you register for the Retrevo service, we ask you for Personal Information such as your name and email address, demographic information such as gender and zip code, and product usage information. We also collect information you volunteer to us on surveys and feedback forms. When you send us an email, we use your email address so we can respond to your query. If you apply for a job at Retrevo, we will collect any information contained in the email message you send to us as well as information contained in your resume.
- Preference Based Advertising: We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Sites. These third party cookies are used to gather non-PII about your activities on our Sites and third party sites to serve you with advertisements while you are on third party sites (“Third-Party Ads”). If you do not wish to participate in this activity, please click here to opt-out.
- Log information: Your web browser sends some information automatically when you connect to a web server. This information may include the IP address of your computer, date and time of access, type of web browser used, the operating system and other information that uniquely identifies a browser. When you use the Retrevo service, our servers automatically record this information in log files. We also record search terms that you type, web pages you access and other information that may describe your behavior.
- Links to other sites: Retrevo web site includes links to other external sites either directly or in response to a search query from you. Retrevo does not exercise control over these external sites. We advise you to review the individual privacy policies of the respective sites.
Use of Personal Information
In general, Retrevo uses Personal Information collected from you to respond to requests that you make, to provide you the stated service or to improve our service. Retrevo uses personal and usage information to:
- Process and satisfy the request, such as a job application, product support issue or complaint;
- Maintain, protect and improve our service, including occasional communication with you regarding this;
- Personalize the service including the content, display of relevant advertisements and additional services; Develop new products and services;
- Introduce new products, services and offers to you, including communication with you regarding this.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Retrevo does not share, disclose or sell your personally identifiable information collected online with other companies or organizations. Personal Information is your name, email address, mailing address or phone number. We do share information with other companies or individuals outside of Retrevo in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share with our advertising and business partners certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as number of users [of a certain demographics or from a certain zip code] who searched for a certain term, or the number of users [of a certain demographics or from a certain zip code] who clicked on a certain advertisement, or number of users [of a certain demographics or from a certain zip code] who might be interested in a certain type of service based on analytics performed by Retrevo. This information will not be linked with any Personal Information.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Retrevo; (b) protect and defend the rights, safety or property of Retrevo or users of our web site.
Your Choice Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the option of not providing us the Personal Information at the point where it is collected. It may result in unavailability of certain services to you. For example, we require user registration with a small number of mandatory fields. If you elect not to provide the requested information, you will not be able to register and use our service.
You can review and validate the information that we have collected about you by sending an email to privacy at retrevo dot com and requesting a review of your personal data. You have the option of (a) correcting this data if you believe it is inaccurate; or (b) delete this data. We make good faith efforts to correct this data or delete this data if is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. Deletion of certain data may result in unavailability of some services to you and you will be advised of such changes.
You will occasionally receive emails from Retrevo requesting feedback about our current service, seeking desired improvements and/or announcing the availability of additional products and services. Retrevo does not rent or sell its email address lists. Spammers use well-known methods to hide their identity by using other people's email address to send out emails. If you have any question about the genuineness of an email you receive that appears to be from Retrevo, contact us at privacy at retrevo dot com. Do not furnish personal information in response to such an email. Retrevo does not request personal information in email messages.
Data Security and Integrity
Retrevo processes Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We take commercially reasonable steps to make sure that our servers are protected against unauthorized access by using firewalls and physical security. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to your personal information and only for the purpose that it was collected. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we process is accurate, complete and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary by contacting us. No system can provide guaranteed security. We will notify you if at any point we become aware of a security breach.
We offer newsletters to our subscribers containing daily deals and the latest tech editorials. If you no longer wish to receive Retrevo Newsletters, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the newsletters.
12200 W. Olympic Blvd. Ste 300
Los Angeles, CA 90064
email: privacy at retrevo dot com